Skip to content
Back to Recipes
Click here to get 20p off any Galbani cheese
- 400g penne rigate — or any tube-shaped pasta
- 250g pack Galbani Mozzarella Maxi, torn into chunks
- 50g Galbani Parmigiano Reggiano, grated
- 2 x 400g cans chopped tomatoes
- 4 tbsp chopped parsley
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil, plus a drizzle extra
- Big handful fresh basil
- Cook the pasta according to pack instructions, but for only 6–7 minutes so it is still a little underdone – it will finish in the oven.
- Meanwhile tip the tomatoes into a deep frying pan with the parsley, olive oil and plenty of seasoning. Simmer for 15–20 minutes until thickened and shiny. Heat oven to 180°C/160°C fan/gas 4.
- Once the pasta has cooked, drain well – but reserve a ladle of the pasta cooking water – and tip back into the saucepan. Stir in your tomato sauce with a little of the water if it looks dry. Add two-thirds of the mozzarella and most of the basil and stir these in too before tipping into a baking dish.
- Sprinkle the Parmigiano Reggiano over, along with the remaining mozzarella, then drizzle with a splash more oil and bake for 20 minutes until bubbling and the cheese has melted. Scatter with remaining basil leaves and serve immediately with a green salad.
- Joe's tip: "This recipe works simply with quality tomatoes, fresh basil and lots of mozzarella".