Skip to content
Back to Recipes
Click here to get 20p off any Galbani cheese
- 1 ciabatta, sliced in half horizontally
- Olive oil, for drizzling
- 4 tbsp basil pesto, plus extra to serve
- 250g Galbani Mozzarella Maxi, drained and sliced
- 250g vines tomatoes
- Few fresh basil leaves, to serve – optional
- Heat the grill. Brush the ciabatta slices on each side with some olive oil, then grill until golden and toasted on both sides (you can prepare this ahead if you like).
- Spread the pesto over one side of each slice. Top with the mozzarella, followed by the whole vines of tomatoes. Season well and drizzle with a splash more olive oil before grilling until the tomatoes are just starting to blister and soften, and the cheese is melting.
- Scatter with fresh basil, if using, and serve immediately with extra pesto on the side for dolloping on top.
- Joe's tip: "Galbani Mozzarella Maxi is ideal to slice due to its cylindrical shape, making perfect portions for bruschetta".