Skip to content
Back to Recipes
Click here to get 20p off any Galbani cheese
- 300g mixed summer berries – we used strawberries, raspberries and blueberries, larger strawberries halved or quartered
- 75g icing sugar
- Zest from 1 lemon, juice from half
- 250g tub Galbani Mascarpone
- Handful crunchy biscotti or cantuccini
- Mix half the berries and 25g of the icing sugar in a small saucepan. Heat, stirring, until the juices start to run, then cover and simmer for 5 minutes. Remove from the heat, roughly mash any berries that haven’t collapsed, then stir in the remaining fruit. Set aside to cool.
- Beat the remaining 50g icing sugar, lemon zest and juice into the mascarpone until smooth. Put the biscuits into a food bag and bash with the end of a rolling pin until they form chunky crumbs.
- To assemble, pick 4 glasses or bowls and layer up the berry compote with dollops of lemony mascarpone and sprinkles of crunchy biscuit crumbs. Keep chilled, adding an extra sprinkle of crumbs on the top just before serving.
- Joe's tip: "If you want to sweeten your mascarpone, add a little icing sugar - as you would to make a cannoli (Italian dessert) filling".