Skip to content
Back to Recipes
- Put the beetroot in a saucepan of water, bring to the boil and simmer for 30-45 mins until tender. Drain and reserve a ladleful of the cooking water. When cool, peel, then purée half with a splash of the reserved cooking water, and dice the rest.
- Melt the butter in a frying pan and fry the onion gently until soft. Tip in the rice and fry for a minute, then add a ladleful of stock and stir until completely absorbed. Repeat this process, adding a ladleful of stock at a time, until the rice is tender.
- Stir in the pureed and diced beetroot and half the cheese. Season, cover and leave to heat through for 5 mins.
- To serve, crumble over the remaining cheese and divide between two bowls.
- Joe's tip: "Galbani Dolcelatte® is so versatile, thanks to its soft texture.Try it in pasta sauces, on pizzas, or in risottos".