Skip to content
Back to Recipes
Click here to get 20p off any Galbani cheese
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 3 peppers (assorted colours), diced
- 3 x 400g cans Italian chopped tomatoes
- 8 chicken thighs
- Chopped fresh flat leaf parsley to serve (optional)
- Pinch sugar
- 250g Galbani Mozzarella Maxi, sliced
- Heat a shallow casserole with 1 tbsp of the oil and gently fry the garlic and peppers until just softening. Tip in the chopped tomatoes and simmer for 15 minutes to thicken.
- Meanwhile heat the rest of the oil in a frying pan and brown the thighs well all over (in batches if you need to). Heat the oven to 160ºC/140ºC fan/gas 3.
- Nestle the browned thighs into the sauce, cover with the casserole lid and transfer to the oven for 1 hour.
- Stir in some chopped parsley, if using, then taste and season with salt, pepper and a pinch of sugar. Top with the mozzarella slices and pop back in the oven for 5-6 minutes until melted. Serve with tagliatelle, polenta or bread.
- Joe's tip: "Galbani Mozzarella is ideal for adding authentic Italian flavour to any casserole or pasta bakes".